Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Focusing on the positive is sometimes a hard thing to do. Seeing the good in every situation is equally as hard. Today I was pretty grouchy and pretty short tempered with my kids. As I sit and reflect on my day I began to feel guilt for all the yelling I did. The pregnancy hormones were in full force today and I am not one to "blame" my reactions on "something" but in this case it is the honest truth. It's as though I was having an out-of-body experience as I snapped at everyone. I have since asked for forgiveness however the guilt is still there.

I am reminded of how patient the Lord is with me. How he knows what I will do before I even make the decision to do it. And He stands by me and allows me to make that wrong decision so I can learn some kind of lesson through the experience. He never yells at me. He never fails me. He loves me regardless of my faults. I don't deserve his forgiveness but I am so glad it's there.

That is the positive I am seeking in my "Mr.Grumpy Gills" kinda day. It is a reminder of the love I receive from Christ to pass along to my children even when they "don't deserve it".

I love the song by Matt Redman:You Never Let Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment